Israeli Prime Minister PM Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Israeli cabinet will hold a meeting on Sunday to prepare for the expansion of the military campaign in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
In a statement, the Israeli PM said that the cabinet intended to strengthen settlement activity in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem.
Ben-Gvir’s order to start a new military operation in Jerusalem is supposed to go into effect on Sunday. The operation aims at carrying out large-scale campaigns of detentions, demolitions, and raids.
Earlier on Friday, Itamar Ben Gvir ordered the Israeli occupation police in Jerusalem to prepare for carrying out a “Defensive Shield 2” operation in Jerusalem.
This came following a ramming attack that happened on Friday in Jerusalem, during which three Israeli settlers were killed. An unarmed Palestinian, who carried out the attack, was killed too.
The Palestinian resistance has escalated attacks against Israeli settlers coinciding with a rise of Israeli violence in the West Bank and Jerusalem.
The Palestinian ministry of health said that Israeli forces killed 36 Palestinians, including 8 children and an elderly woman, in the first month of 2023