The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement Hamas condemned on Thursday, June 8, 2023, new plans proposed by an Israeli member of Knesset to divide Al-Aqsa Mosque.
In a statement, the Movement said that the plan proposed by member of the Israeli occupation’s Knesset Amit Halevi to divide the Al-Aqsa mosque is part of the Israeli aggressive measures to impose sovereignty over the holy compound.
“The plan is part of the Israeli religious war launched by the fascist Israeli government against the Al-Aqsa mosque,” the Movement waned.
Hamas spokesperson Abdul Latif al-Qanoua said the Al-Aqsa mosque will remain an exclusively Muslim holy site and the Palestinian people will continue to defend the mosque against Israeli partition and Judaization schemes.
Earlier on Thursday, media outlets revealed an Israeli proposed plan to divide Al-Aqsa Mosque between Jews and Muslims. The plan called for imposing sovereignty over Al-Aqsa.