Days of Palestine – Gaza
The Palestinian Resistance warned the Israeli occupation that it will not allow any desecration of Al-Aqsa Mosque after the Israeli occupation approved lately the so-called “March of the Flags,” which will storm the main yards of Aqsa Mosque on May 29, 2022, where settlers will defile the holy mosque and perform Talmudic rituals which drew serious warnings from Palestinian people as well as national forces.
The Israeli occupation government affirmed on Sunday that there is no change of plans, and the Talmudic parade is, still, set to launch on May 29 along its “customary route” through Bab al-Amud area.
Palestinian factions condemned the march as a ‘provocation’ and called upon Palestinians in the holy city to stand up against the Israeli plans.
The Palestinian foreign ministry in a statement condemned the Israeli decision to approve the event, calling it “provocative, aggressive, and an integral part of the open occupation war against Jerusalem, its citizens, and its sanctities.”
The “Flag March” is usually held on the annual anniversary of the Israeli occupation of Jerusalem in the 1967 Middle East war.
Hamas political chief Ismail Haniyeh warned the Israeli occupation against allowing the controversial march.
“We follow the threats of storming Al-Aqsa complex and we warn the enemy against taking such moves,” Haniyeh said in a televised speech marking the first anniversary of an 11-day Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip.
Haniyeh said Hamas “will not allow any desecration of the Al-Aqsa Mosque or settler arrogance in Jerusalem.”
The Hamas leader called on the Palestinians “to protect Al-Aqsa Mosque and prevent settlers from moving ahead with their plans” against the mosque.
Last year, settlers staged their march through the Bab al-Amud area and one of Jerusalem’s Old City gates amid anti-Arab chants.
Israeli violations inside Al-Aqsa Mosque and in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied East Jerusalem triggered the break-out of an Israeli military offensive on Gaza during May 2021.
The assaults left 256 Palestinians dead and thousands injured, as well as damaging over 50,000 homes and destroying key infrastructure.