Days of Palestine – Gaza
The Ministry of Health confirmed on Saturday night one death of coronavirus infection in the besieged Gaza Strip to raise the fatalities to two since the pandemic goes through the Gazan community.
In a press release for the Ministry of Health in Gaza Strip, the spokesman, Dr. Ashraf Al-Qidra, said during a Skype intervention on the official Al-Aqsa satellite channel that the citizen who died tonight due to the Coronavirus was suffering from pulmonary fibrosis and was lying in the intensive care.
"66 new confirmed-cases of coronavirus were recorded during the 24-hour period from Saturday to raise the total to 177 within the community," he stated.
Al-Qidra said that the Ministry of Health has not yet limited the coronavirus epidemic within the community, and the efforts are continuing to limit it.
The most coronavirus infections so far in the northern Gaza Strip. All areas of the Gaza Strip are still dangerous, and casualties are increasing, he confirmed.
Al-Qidra stressed that the Ministry of Health urgently needs the health supplies to be provided, especially for the laboratory examination, as the existing COVID-19 testing kits are not enough and need to double them in order for us to work to limit the spread of the epidemic.
"The current stage is sensitive and requires not to be lax in any of the preventive measures and to fully adhere to citizens staying in homes and not going out except for the most urgent necessity, with wearing a mask, disinfecting hands, physical distancing and non-contact," he said.
Since the beginning of last March, the number of coronavirus infections in Gaza Strip reached 289.