Days Of Palestine – Ramallah
Twenty-four new coronavirus cases were confirmed Saturday evening in the West Bank, bringing the total in one day to 108 cases and the overall total in Palestine to 979, according to Minister of Health Mai Alkaila.
The minister said two new cases were confirmed in Nablus, in addition to 22 in Hebron, the hardest-hit district in West bank amid a resurgence of coronavirus infections.
According to the Minister, 594 of the total cases have recovered and five have died leaving the total active cases so far at 380.
Meanwhile, Ibrahim Ramadan, the Governor of Nablus, ordered a full shutdown of the city for 48 hours after at least 26 cases of COVID-19 were confirmed during the past 24 hours in the city.
He said during a press conference that the purpose of the shutdown is to enable the medical teams to trace contacts of every newly diagnosed case of COVID-19.
Ramadan added that only pharmacies, supermarkets and bakery shops will be allowed to function during the shutdown period, in addition to high-school students attending to their secondary school examination.
The governor further declared an immediate ban on weddings and graduation parties, mourning houses and all forms of public gatherings in the city.