The number of Israeli occupation crimes against the Palestinians in the occuiped city of Jerusalem has increased sharply during the month of November 2022.
During the reporting period, at least 8174 colonial Israeli settelers invaded the courtyards of Al- Aqsa mosque and performed provocative Talmudic rituals in some of its yards, in addition to 90,026 colonial settelers who were present under the pretext of tourism, according to the Public Relations and Media Unit in Jerusalem.
All colonial settlers and the settlements in which they live are illegal under international law.
The report recorded the Israeli occupation detention of 149 Palestinians including 9 women and 15 minors. Moreover, at least 53 arrest decisions were issued by the Israeli occupation including 9 administrative detentions, 16 house arrests, and 16 prison sentences, according to ِAlQastal News.
At the same time, the Israeli occupation issued 17 banishment orders against Jerusalemite activists as well as employees of the Jerusalem Waqf (Endowment) Department, ِAl-Qastal reported.
During the reporting period, Israeli occupation forces deliberately killed 3 Palestinians in occupied Jerusalem, according to the Date collected by Days Of Palestine.
On the second of November, the elderly Palestinian man Habbas Abdul Hafeez Rayan 54-year-old from the town of Beit Duqu was shot and killed by Israeli troops at the Beit Ur military checkpoint, southwest of Ramallah.
On the 3rd of November, The 42-year-old Palestinain man Dawood Mahmoud Khalil Rayan, a father of seven children, was killed by the Israeli occupation bullets in the town of Beit Duqqu. on the same day, the Palestinian youth Amer Hossam Halabia 20-year-old was shot and killed by Israeli occupation forces.
The toll of Palestinians killed by the Israeli occupation in the occuiped Jerusalem rose to 17 since the beginning of 2022.
Further, the toll of Palestinian bodies held by Israeli occupation rose to 23, according to the Public Relations and Media Unit in Jerusalem.
Israeli troops wounded 32 Palestinians varying between live and rubber-coated metal bullets, severe attacks by Israeli occupation forces and settlers, burns and head injuries caused by tear gas canisters, as well as fractures, in addition to hundreds of suffocation cases as a result of tear gas canisters being fired directly in the places where Palestinian parents and children existed.
The Israeli occupation forces leveled 17 Palestinian-owned structures in occuiped Jerusalem 9 of them were carried out by the Israeli occupation bulldozers and 3 others were self-demolition by their Palestinian owners to avoid the heavy fines imposed by the Israeli occupation authorities, leaving its people homeless.
More than 70 Palestinian-owned trees were uprooted and vandalized by Israeli occupation forces and settlers as a preparatory step to take over these lands in favor of Israeli illegal settlements expansion.
Israeli occupation authorities strive to impose a new reality on the occupied city of Jerusalem through the implementation of dangerous colonial settlement projects.
In November 2022, Israeli occupation approved several settlement projects in various areas of occupied Jerusalem including:
- A plan to build the headquarters of the US Embassy in occupied Jerusalem on a 50 dunums area belonging to Palestinian families in the Baqa’a neighborhood, south of Jerusalem.
- Israeli occupation municipality intends to open the Tunnels Road (60) expansion project in an attempt to link the occupied city of Jerusalem with the ‘Gush Etzion’ Israeli settlements in the south of the West Bank to facilitate access for colonial settlers to Al-Aqsa mosque.
- The Elad settlement association received 28 million shekels from the Israeli occupation to support colonization projects in the town of Silwan, south of Al-Aqsa Mosque under the pretext of establishing public parks and agricultural projects, developing the area in tourism.
- Israeli occupation established simulated graves and biblical gardens in occupied Jerusalem on Palestinian land estimated at 5 thousand dunums.
- Israeli occupation seized lands owned by Palestinians in order to establish 7 biblical gardens in the occupied Jerusalem towns of Silwan, Jabal Mukaber, Al-Issawiya, and Ras Al-Amud.